Matchy Matchy at M&S

 Skirt and Blouse - Limited Edition Marks and Spencer - in store now
Bag - Dune at TK Maxx
Shoes - Reiss (Old)

I must admit I am a girlie girl at heart.  My outfits tend to vere on the polished and 'put together' side of things, rather than being too casual.  For those reasons, I realise I am usually like a bee to honey for colour co-ordinated accessories, matching patterns and floral prints.

If you are one of my lovely fellow bloggers over on Avenue 57, I have been extolling the virtues of Marks and Spencer's Limited Edition Collection recently.  M&S are deffo not a 'marmite' shop to me.  I have, and always will, find things I love in there, be it fashion, homewares, acessories and of course food :-)  

I bought much more clothes there when I worked in a corporate role in London. In fact I am (not really) ashamed to say I could pop in there on my way to work, straight off the tube at Moorgate and have snaffled a few outfits before 8am.  

Sadly those days are now far behind me, so I am delighted by the new look M&S website.  

Like the majority of stores in Dorchester, M&S only holds a small selection of stock and when I am not 'Up North' and able to pop into Manchester or Liverpool, I've been making the drive over to the Castlepoint shopping Centre in Bournemouth.  They have enough of a selection to keep me happy,  Autograph and Limited Collection and also a small but nicely selected homeware department. 

The Limited Edition is really doing it for me at the moment.  Wearable and unique pieces that I can wear day to day in the village, running around with my toddler, styled with jeans or dress up at weekends and (rare) evenings out.   


Pretty, muted pastels, cute shirt dresses, peter pan collars, floral prints, lace detail and some of the best handbags I've seen on the High Street.

Having stashed some Christmas vouchers there were so many pieces that I liked, I was a little spoilt for choice but opted for the Floral Shell Top and Ruffle Skirt.

I love my dresses, but hardly ever wear skirts, and although I love the matchy matchy combo of this ruffle skirt and top together, I also wanted to ensure that I could get enough wear out of the 'separates' as well.



 Top - M&S Limited Edition - In store now
Jeans - FreeSoul at TK Maxx 
Shoes - Reiss (old) 

Top - As before
Shorts - Hush current collection
Shoes - Hush (spring summer 2013)

T-shirt - M&S Limited Edition
Skirt - M&S Limited Edition
Sandals - Hush Spring Summer 2013

Loving the top with skinny jeans and shorts, less keen on the skirt with a white t-shirt and sandals.  Not 'so me'! I'll try this again.  Being of 'Hobbit-esque' height I would have preferred this with heels or my little ankle boots and a denim jacket, I'll also try it with a black fitted vest top and black strappy sandals.  

Some of my faves ...











Admittedly some of the dresses do look a little sickly sweet on the website but seen in the flesh and in store, matched with the right shoes and accessories they could be styled in a much more edgy and on trend way.          

9 comments:

  1. Such a pretty print and totally agree, M&S have some lovely stuff this season. Still regretting not getting their pink coat last autumn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Keri_lou! You have a wonderful blog and I have decided to follow you. You look lovely in these outfits and I also love your hair style. The main reason why I chose to subscribe to C.O.D. is your knowledge of Northern Soul and artists like James Brown, Marvin Gaye, Georgie Fame and Curtis Mayfield. Since 2008, I have been hosting Shady Dell Music & Memories, a music and nostalgia blog which specializes in Northern Soul. Over the years I have posted music and reviews about all of the above artists. I invite you to come join me, have some fun, and get to know me and my circle of friends from across the U.S.A., England and around the world. Thank you very much, Keri_lou, and have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you look so cute in these pictures. The top and skirt go with so many other clothes, don't they? I noticed the couch in the background, and it's so lovely. I just bought one similar that is a cream color.

    Have a good week, friend, and I'm a girly girl too. :~)

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely 2pc.....so gorgeous with the colourful accessories!! Brilliant that you have separates so that you can maximise the wear out this outfit.....I love the top with the jeans and heels! You have inspired me to check out M&S more as you have some really great pieces from there xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just met your blog and is so pretty. I invite you to visit my blog and if you want follow me on blogger! Kisses :)

    http://thebrunettesstyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO in love with M&S this season - their Limited Collection is amazing - I keep ordering things! My tribal print playsuit arrived last week and it is stunning! A great length and such a lovely print - so glad I ordered it! My white playsuit is on it's way:) You can see the tribal one here - http://poppys-style.com/2014/04/14/legs/

    You look gorgeous! Love the skirt and top - tempted to place a new order:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that M&S have some great things. I have to admit that my local stores, Chester and Shrewsbury, take a bit of navigating but when I shopped there recently I found a whole bunch of stuff I liked. The shoes are perhaps the biggest surprise but I also liked the sunglasses and bags a lot. I love your' pieces here. I am a bit obsessed with Mango and Boden, at the mo, so spent up there. I will model some stuff on my blog when I, hopefully, feel more like myself. H xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY like the matching flowery top and skirt. You've styled them both so beautifully and in a modern way. I love the two items together as well. I'm not a fan of flowers but you really made them look chic and modern. Some great pieces aside from those... love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this outfit on you - works so well as a "dress" but so much more versatile as well. I've not looked at M&S that much yet this season but there was a time when I went in everyday on the way home from work and I knew their stock inside and out.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye