Bikers Versus Bombers





Inspired by the recent looks published by six fantastically stylish bloggers, albeit with very different styles, over on outfit sharing website Avenue 57, I have been exploring the spring fashion phenomenon that is the biker and bomber jacket.  A great spring style edit to replace the parka and the statement coat, in favor of lighter weight layers.


Biker jackets I must admit to never having dabbled with in the past,  envisioning well worn black leather, encrusted with studs.  Bomber jackets on the other hand, have been known to grace my shoulders, being a child of the 80's and all that.  

As ever, my take on the current styles has to have a feminine edge, detail or vintage twist and work with my corporate and more dressy clothes, as well as my trusty skinny jeans and 'boyfriends'.

Not to everybody's taste, but I am a magpie when it comes to print and am automatically drawn to patterns.

Next was my first port of call, as the aforementioned bomber jacket that had previously been styled was from there.  

   Denim Quilted Bomber Jacket - Next - £45.00

 Pink Jersey Biker Jacket - Next - £45.00

I can imagine styling these with every day looks, running around the village and after my little boy, and smartening up jeans and a blouse or t-shirt.  Tending towards a more polished than casual look, I think these would make a great alternative to a blazer or smarter cardigan, and I loved the quilted pattern and pop of pastel colour.

Mint Velvet usually offer a pretty selection of jackets each season and have featured a number for this Spring/Summer.

   Peach Georgette Mix Bomber - Mint Velvet - £89.00

This one has been styled beautifully with an understated black jumpsuit and black and nude high sandals.


Indigo Denim Biker Jacket - Mint Velvet - £89.00

I've gone for a biker in denim this time, again from Mint Velvet.  I'd wear this layered over a ditsy tea dress, to make the look a little edgier during the day, or over a maxi dress with sandals or Birkenstocks in the summer.



Online store Atterley Road has made me feel a like a little girl in a sweet shop, as they have lots of goodies on the site, although looks like some of the sizes have been more popular than others.  Have you heard of Almost Famous?  Another label that I always think is 'always me'.  They are sold via Atterley Road but I have bought a few things there in the past from the London store.  It's based just off Tottenham Court Road on Percy Street, I used to get my hair cut next door but one at Charles Worthington and couldn't walk past without going in for a good old browse (good excuse)!  
 
Neon and tweed!  What's not to love?


 
 Almost Famous and Atterley Road - £160.00
There is also a GORGEOUS Selected Femme blue print bomber jacket as well - but I realise I am heading into Marmite 'print' territory here!



I LOVE this!! With a tan, little white dress or cropped white skinnies .... Also spotted that there has been a pair of trousers in the same print and a cute dress.  The dress is lovely, the trousers I probably wouldn't brave. 

Hobbs Botanical Print Bomber - Reduced to £99.00 from a mouth watering £179.00



Likewise, drooling over this Botanical print from Hobbs.

If you are feeling lucky, get thee to Twitter and Facebook asap.  Atterley Road run a great #Winwednesday competition (I've just entered the Selected Femme bomber jacket) and Hobbs run a Wishlist to Wardrobe comp on Facebook on a Thursday.  The Botanical number will be on my wishlist tomorrow. 

Are you a bomber or a biker girl?  Print, pastel or plain? 

xxx

    Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. I like the Mint Velvet Bomber, very wearable for anyone who is unsure or more mature. Thanks for the competition heads up! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a biker rather than a bomber. ;) H xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both styles but the biker definately has edge for me! The Mint Velvet denim biker is gorgeous....that would fit right in my wardrobe! Some brilliant pics here xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both styles too! I want to invest in a leather biker this Autumn & I have my trusty Levis bomber which I dug out of storage last year! The Next quilted jacket is stunning & I really expected to be super expensive & from somewhere else! A nice surprise! You have some lovely picks here! I once had an interview to be Charles Worthintons PA! I didn't get the job but it was a great experience! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love the Mint Velvet bomber...gorgeous!! Just need it to go into the sale!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really sit in either camp actually. I have yet to find the perfect biker for me - preferably a lovely soft black or dark grey leather one. And the bombers - none have grabbed me enough this season - the way they sit on the shoulders is quite important after having tried a few on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a biker but I ordered the denim quilted bomber and couldn't decide whether to keep it or not. It's actually a lovely jacket. I might have to repurchase x

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye